(Open March 15, 2020 at NOON)
- All entries are to be done on the Regatta Central web site: www.regattacentral.com.
Inquiries for the 50th Regatta in 2020 can be made to Laryssa.Biesenthal@brentwood.ca
- Entries will open on March 15, 2020 at noon and close on March 31, 2020 at noon
- Scratches (without penalty): 12:00 noon - Monday, April 6, 2020
- Payment of fees: Friday, April 24, 2020 before racing starts.
- Accommodation requests: March 15, 2020 to March 31, 2020
- Dining Hall services: March 15, 2020 to March 31, 2020
- Late entries: 12:00 noon - Monday April 6, 2020
*To assist us in processing food requests and accommodation requests is the reason the entry deadline is earlier than most regattas. New this year we are attempting to prepare contingency plans in advance for possible weather delays.
Entries are restricted to one entry per club per event, up to a maximum of 18 entries per event (waitlist entries will be accepted). Pending overall regatta prescription, heavily waitlisted events could potentially be opened resulting in heats, semis, finals as race progression.
Additional/Second entries will be added to fill out the races up to the maximum of 18 crews for each event. Additional/Second entries will receive priority according to their time of entry into the system. Additional/Second entries will be able to advance to finals and score points.
There will be Time Trials (TT) for the U19 1X's and the U19 2-'s, and entries will not be restricted. The finals will be seeded from the TT. There will be no hot seating of equipment for the TT.
- Late entries will only be accepted if they do not create additional heats and are received before noon on Monday April 6, 2020.
- Late entries will be assessed at double the regular entry fee, i.e. $34 per competitor per event.
Scratches will be accepted without penalty up to noon on Monday, April 6th. Thereafter, a scratch fee equal to the race fee per event will be levied. Failure to pay this fee would result in disqualification from all events for the Club concerned.
A minimum of three entries must be received to constitute a race. Three entry events could potentially be combined with other similar boat speed races. Medals will still be presented for each separate event.
Entry fees for the whole regatta must be paid in full by Friday April 24th. No crew will be allowed on the water whose fees have not been paid. Please note: there will be no refund of entry fees should weather conditions cause cancellation of races. All the expenses for the regatta are incurred prior to the event. Fees are C$17.00 per competitor per event. The Rowing Canada per seat fee of $3.25 per seat and the Rowing BC per seat fee of $3.50 will be calculated separately and added to your invoice.
- 8+ : $153
- 4x+ : $85
- 4+ : $85
- 2x : $34
- 1x : $17
Points are awarded for crews that place in finals according to the table below. For heats, half points are awarded. Points are not awarded for exhibition crews (including second entries).
For the technically minded among you, the points for a place are the points for the previous place multiplied by 0.7071.
Gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded for all finals. Many races also carry one or more trophies.